The National Association of Insurers of Ukraine (NAIU) is a non-profit association of insurers that was founded on the principles of professional independence and solidarity of interests and it unites legal entities that share the goals and objectives of the Association.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
Development, approval, and implementation of high-level regulations and standards to regulate the insurance services market represents the goal of the Association’s activity.
Objectives of the Association are as follows:
- Participation in the development and improvement of the current legislation in the field of financial services, including the current legislation in the field of insurance
- Organisation and implementation of independent expertise of legislative acts and regulations, as well as drafts thereof to promote development and functioning of the financial services market
- Introduction of proposals to state authorities regarding the issues related to the functioning of the financial services market
- Protection and representation of the legitimate common interests of the Association Members in the state bodies and public associations regarding the issues concerning the statutory activities of the Association
- Organisation of scientific research on economic, legal, technological, and other development problems of the insurance services market
- Implementation of projects that contribute to the formation and development of the insurance services market
- Contribution to the formation of attractive environment for foreign investors in the Ukrainian insurance services market
- Provision of informational, consultative, methodical, and organisational support to the Association’s Members in their professional activity
- Promotion of professional development and competence of members of management bodies and employees of the Association Members
- Assistance in ensuring proper level of financial stability, solvency, and liquidity of the Association Members
- Assistance in ensuring high level of economic efficiency, competitiveness, and social responsibility of the Association Members in the financial services market
- Consolidation and dissemination of advanced international experience in the field of insurance activities
- Interaction with other professional associations of the financial market in order to create a civilised and highly professional financial services market in Ukraine
The association carries out the following activities in accordance with the established procedure:
- Maintenance of direct international contacts and relationships, conclusion of respective agreements, as well as participation in implementation of measures consistent with international obligations of Ukraine
- Holding of relevant seminars, conferences, etc.
- Distribution of newsletters, bulletins, and other publications (including through electronic media) that are necessary for implementation of its statutory objectives
- Conclusion of agreements, contracts, and memoranda with enterprises, institutions, organisations, and state bodies that are necessary for implementation of its statutory objectives
- Interaction with non-governmental and international funds and organisations, receipt of financial, technical, and other assistance from the specified bodies
The aim of the Association’s activity is the coordination of the activities of its members exclusively with respect to the following issues:
In the field of technical information and education of the Association Members, namely:
- Clarification of the Association’s goals by organising lectures, discussions, seminars, and conferences, appearances in mass media, provision of consultations, involvement of local and foreign expert consultants on the issues related to provision of financial services
- Distribution of scientific achievements, technical knowledge, best practices on efficient technologies, implementation of cost-reducing measures in the field of financial services and environmentally friendly technologies
- Formation of a system of vocational training of the Association Members’ personnel, its members, regular publication of information on the activities of the Association and its Members, industry-specific problems, and foreign experience in the field of financial services
- Organisation of analytical works on management and marketing in the corresponding markets and regular distribution of the results of such works among the Association Members
- Provision of only methodological assistance to the Association Members during elimination of deficiencies in the works or professional development of the Association Members’ employees
Provision of information, namely collection of the following data from the Association Members:
- Problems that arise in the process of implementation of the Association’s activities in order to find the best approaches to resolve them
- Information that can promote establishment and development of cooperation with public authorities and other organisations
The information collected shall be distributed in generalised form not earlier than a month after being collected and shall not be used against the Association Members, competitors or consumers or contain data regarding the essential conditions of economic activity, prices, commercial business strategies whose exchange may contribute to coordination of competitive behaviour and prediction of the behaviour of other Association Members, competitors or consumers.
In the area of standardisation, namely:
Assistance in improving efficiency of the financial services industry by developing, discussing, and offering objectively substantiated types of classifiers, quality standards of goods, operational reliability, and safety as well as environmental standards.
Relations with public authorities and among the Members, namely:
- Cooperation with public authorities only on the matters of statutory and legal regulation of the fundamental principles of functioning in the financial services market
- Protection of interests of the Association Members against public authorities as well as other organisations both in Ukraine and abroad
- Assistance in creating conditions for entering foreign markets by the Association Members
The Association disallows the feasibility of exercising decisive influence on economic activities of the Founders (Members) or approval of their competitive behaviour.
The Association and its Members do not carry out any concerted actions that may restrict competition between the Association Members and other financial services market participants.